Do you have your arrows lined up?
As a coach, I often get asked how best to prepare for a tournament. Here is a basic checklist to have a successful tournament.
The week before
- Check your string for fraying
- Record your brace height
- Inspect your rest
- Inspect your arrow feathers/vanes
The night before
- Eat a full, but not excessively large healthy dinner balanced with fiber, protein and healthy fats.
- Avoid alcoholic or caffeinated drinks.
- Lay out your clothes.
- Double-check your bow case for all necessary parts: bow, string, limbs, tab/release, armguards, sight, weights, (marked) arrows, quiver, etc.
- Plan a relaxing evening – shower/bath, board game, book.
- Plan on getting a good night’s sleep – 6-8 quality hours.
The day of
- Wake up on time.
- Quality balanced breakfast with whole grains, proteins, healthy fats.
- Limit caffeine or sugary drinks
- Arrive about 1 hour before shooting begins for check-in.
- Bring water & drink often
- High quality snacks – no sugar or junk food.