Wow, we had a great group in our first bow building summer camp. This is an experience that nobody will forget, least of all our instructor Cuatro! Check out the awesome bows the kids were able to make. We've had so much positive response that we are adding an ADULT bow building class that will involve different kinds of wood, more complex designs, and heavier tools.
Over the last several weeks, we've seen an influx of new students that has begun to exceed our capacity to teach them. In addition we are looking to add additional summer archery programs. In response, we are looking to hire a new instructor.
Job SummaryHigh Altitude Archery is seeking an archery instructor to foster growth of archers, promote archery as a sport and activity, and to facilitate growth of the archery program at High Altitude. The successful candidate will be required to work with all levels of athletes at all levels of skill and age categories. Strong communication skills are mandatory.
- Assist with program development and coordination.
- Assist in overseeing the Junior Olympic Archery Development Program and other community-based archery programs.
- Assist in conducting community-based archery programs, including college teams, leagues, tournaments and events.
- Assist, or conduct, archery instructor training courses.
- Assist with record keeping for facility archery programs.
- Assist in promotional efforts to increase programs and participation.
- Manage and inventory the facilityʼs archery program equipment.
- Travel, as needed, to coaching seminars and other functions related to the job.
Skill & Knowledge Requirements
- A strong archery background.
- USA Archery Level 2 Instructor Certification, or ability to obtain.
- Have a personality suitable in dealing with children and adults in a public environment on a daily basis.
- Willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Have the physical ability to assist in moving targets on and off the ranges as needed.
- Be able to work in an English-speaking environment.
- Have a valid driverʼs license.
- Demonstrate commitment, drive and initiative to achieve facility and
At High Altitude Archery, we take great pride in our coaching philosophy. This transcends the techniques we teach; it is the core of what we are, how we relate to our students, and how we measure outcomes. We encourage our athletes to identify their own goals and look for ways to help them achieve their desired outcomes. We relate to our students using positive language, encouraging emotions and in friendly exchanges. We are also introspective and vulnerable admitting our own weaknesses in an attempt to find ways to improve. Things our coaches are looking at this month: